For a truly relaxing vacation and a fantastic culinary experience, you may hire Chef Ismael who never fails to impress our guests. The villa offers three unique areas where you can enjoy a romantic dinner with an outstanding view of the Caribbean: our upper floor terrace, around the pool deck or on the private sandy beach.
At Villa Sol y Luna we try to fulfill the needs of our guests. We offer the following two optional meal packages. Beverages are not included in these packages but can be added to the shopping list.
Option (A): For groups of up to 14 guests:
- Salary for the Chef and assistant is $140.00 USD per one meal, $ 160 USD for two consecutive meals and $180.00 USD for 3-meals a day.
- Food ingredients and beverages are paid separately plus a one-time fee of $ 55 USD for delivery.
Option (B): For groups of more than 14 guests:
- The cost per person per day is: $35.00 USD for dinner (one meal), $45.00 US for brunch and dinner (two meals), and $50.00 US for breakfast, lunch and dinner (three meals). Alcoholic beverages are paid separately.
- These rates include the salaries of the Chef and his assistant plus the cost of the ingredients. Children under 10 years old pay half rate and toddlers eat free of charge.
Guests might choose meals from our suggested menu listed below or you may ask the Chef for a dish of his own creation. The same menu will be served for everyone except for those with dietary restrictions, children and vegetarians. Please add $ 25 US per person per day to the above price list for the following dates: Thanksgiving, Christmas night and New year’s eve.
- All our products are prepared under the strictest standards of hygiene. Fruits and vegetables are washed and disinfected with food-grade iodine drops.
- Purified water is used for making ice and in food preparation.
- We use sea salt instead of refined salt in our food preparation.
- We ask that you indicate beforehand how many guests are: Vegetarians, Vegans or suffer from any food allergies.
- Bar service has an additional cost, it is not included in food service
- None of our preparations have hot sauce, we serve hot sauce separately
All menus include:
- Coffee, whole milk, cane sugar
- Cereal, variety of tea (please indicate which kind of cereal is desired)
- Whole wheat bread and white bread for toast -butter
- Fresh seasonal fruits, honey, yogurt, plain or flavored
- Fresh orange juice
We can remove or add ingredients at the guest’s suggestion. Example:
Peanut butter, Nutella, jams, kind of bread (rolls, whole wheat, multigrain), milk: lactose free, whole, partially skimmed, Sweetener:
Refined sugar, raw sugar, stevia
- Fresh bread or French toast filled with cream cheese and fresh powdered cinnamon served with maple syrup
- Traditional red Chilaquiles (tortilla chips in red tomato sauce) served with fresh style cheese and cream, (optional, served separately)
- Scrambled eggs with onion and tomato prepared over low heat, served with corn tortillas
- Pancakes served with maple syrup and butter -Quesadillas with beans and breakfast ham (Synchronized)
- Ranch style eggs, eggs served on fried tortilla with beans over red sauce made with fresh tomato
- Molletes, toasted roll with beans and shredded cheese, served with Pico de Gallo sauce -Omelettes with braised mushrooms or mixed vegetables a la Julienne, and/or Manchego cheese
- Chilaquiles in green sauce, plain or with chicken, cream and Panela cheese on the side
- Pancakes with chocolate chips served with maple syrup and butter
- Scrambled egg whites with spinach and a dash of grape oil
- Baked mini smoked pork sausage
- French toast with Nutella and cream cheese served with maple syrup
- Oven prepared bacon
- Poached eggs in fresh red tomato sauce, vegetables flavored with epazote
- Delicious salted potatoes and onions slow cooked in olive oil
- Eggs in green sauce with Panela cheese -Vegetarian style red Chilaquiles, with Panela cheese and cream served separately
- Fried ripe Macho bananas
- Egg Burritos a la Mexicana with beans and green sauce served separately, avocados, Panela cheese and red sauce
- Potatoes au gratin with Manchego cheese
Brunch or Lunch Menu
Our service is mainly buffet style, please be so kind as to let us know in advance if you desire sit down service.
Our dressings are prepared on site, with natural ingredients and fresh fruits without preservatives.
- Fresh green salad with cucumber, celery, green pepper, jicama and tomato bathed in citrus sauce with papaya
- Chicken fajitas, beef fajitas, vegetable fajitas served with corn tortillas
- refried beans, guacamole, tortilla chips, Pico de Gallo sauce
- Mixed fresh lettuce with vinaigrette dressing: Balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice and olive oil -Mexican style fish ceviche, with red tomatoes, white onion, coriander, catsup. You may substitute with shrimp or a mix of both. Served with guacamole, tortilla chips and hot sauce served separately.
- Mixed fruit plate with seasonal fruits
- Salad with three varieties of fresh lettuce accompanied with roasted vegetables, Italian squash and fresh cucumber, carrot strips, fruit dressing
- Chicken enchiladas and Vegetable enchiladas bathed in two sauces: Puebla style Mole sauce (chocolate and dried chiles, spices)
- Served with white rice, refried beans, guacamole and tortilla chips, with Pico de Gallo sauce
- Mixed lettuce salad with spinach and cooked beets, peas, with jicama and honey mustard dressing
- Cochinita tacos (Yucatecan style meats), served with corn tortillas, brochettes of vegetable with eggplant, cucumber, zucchini and mushrooms. -Served with refried beans, guacamole, Pico de Gallo sauce and totopos
- Fresh lettuce salad with fresh strawberries in vinaigrette dressing, quinoa salad
- Crunchy golden chicken tacos, crunchy golden vegetarian tacos, accompanied by Panela cheese and cream served separately.
- Served with Mexican style red rice with corn, avocado salad with cucumber.
- Fresh lettuce and spinach salad, cruditos (raw carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, jicama sticks) with mango dressing
- Beef fajitas, Chicken fajitas marinated with spices, red and green sweet peppers, onions and olive oil, with Tamulada sauce of red tomatoes and scallions (served in the same mortar and pestle it’s prepared in).
- Accompanied by Moorish style rice with whole beans and fresh spiced vegetables.
- Chilled quinoa salad with fresh vegetables: cucumber, squash, carrots with coconut oil, or Mexican style tabule (wheat) with red tomatoes, white onion, cucumbers, spearmint and a dash of garlic and olive oil, accompanied by fresh leaves of long lettuce and fresh papaya dressing
- Mexican style appetizers with panuchos Yucatan style, tortillas filled with refried beans, deboned chicken breast and hard-boiled eggs
- Yucatecan corn empanadas, fried with meat and cheese, served with Panela cheese and raw green sauce with avocado
- Salbutes with lettuce and vegetables (fried corn tortilla) vegetarian
- Guacamole, Pico de Gallo sauce, totopos, hot sauce served separately
Most of our service is buffet style so that our diners may serve themselves as they please. We also offer the option of sit down service. Please advise us beforehand.
Menu 1.-Buffet style tacos
- Traditional lime soup, prepared with fresh limes, red and green sweet peppers, served with deboned chicken breasts, tortilla strips or fried julienne strips. We offer a vegetarian version; please advise us beforehand.
- Buffet of tacos prepared on the spot with beef and cheese; chicken breast bathed in achiote (crushed achiote seed, vinegar, garlic, salt and spices) tacos, quesadillas with chorizo, mixed vegetable tacos with fine herbs, accompanied with mixed vegetables, carrots, zucchini and broccoli braised with olive oil, white rice (vegetarian)
- Fresh guacamole, Pico de Gallo sauce, hot sauce served separately, totopos
Menu 2.-From the Grill
- Tortilla soup, traditional style creamy tortilla soup with fresh tomatoes flavored with local herbs (cinnamon, cloves, epazote and coriander) served with fried tortilla strips
- Fresh avocado, Panela cheese and cream served separately
- Fine cuts of marinated beef, marinated chicken breasts, pork loin marinated with spices cooked on the grill
- Accompanied by Mexican style rice with peas and mixed fresh vegetables in butter
- Minestrone vegetable soup; colorful fresh vegetables flavored with garlic and spices, Parmesan cheese served separately.
- Tender pork ribs and chicken breasts marinated in barbeque style sweet sauce with tomatoes and fruits.
- Accompanied with baked potato, cream served separately, corn on the cob and broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in butter
- Cream of sweet corn served with fresh home- made croutons.
- Fresh lettuce in vinaigrette dressing
- Chicken breasts marinated in achiote Pibil style, (chicken marinated in achiote, purple onion, green peppers Maya style)
- Served with Moorish style rice with beans -roasted vegetables, zucchini, eggplant and red pepper.
Menu 5.-Tampiqueña style meat
- Cream of leek and potato vegetarian style served with vegetables
- Tampiqueña style meat, marinated beef cooked and served with chicken enchiladas, with red sauce; cheese and cream served separately
- White rice, refried beans, Puebla style chile strips salted mixed vegetables with coconut oil, guacamole and tortillas
- Cream of spinach with or without bacon accompanied with julienne cut tortilla (strips) -Fish fillet with garlic butter, or steamed; fresh fish fillets from Puerto Juarez cooked to your liking.
- Accompanied by garden style rice with colorful vegetables and corn
- Broccoli and corn with avocado oil
- Small snacks or kebabs
- Mushroom and vegetable soup flavored with local spices such as cloves, cinnamon and cumin. -Chicken and sweet red pepper kebabs, beef kebabs with onion and sweet green peppers, red wine sauce served separately
- Vegetable kebabs with eggplant, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms and sweet peppers -Accompanied by fresh mashed potatoes
Menu 8.- From the Sea
- Seafood soup, delicious creamy soup filled with shrimp and fish, (octopus if you wish), accompanied by lime and hot sauce served separately, if you wish
- Buttered fish fillet with garlic or steam fresh fish filets from Puerto Juárez cooked to your taste and suggestion
- Fragrant white rice
- Fried Macho plantains
- Cauliflower with peas in butter
All lettuce and vegetable products are processed under strict hygienic control (ANTI- BACTERIAL SOAP AND DISINFECTED WITH FOOD GRADE IODINE)
CAESAR SALAD With traditional dressing based on anchovy mayonnaise Accompanied by Parmesan cheese and garlic croutons
GRILLED ITALIAN ZUCCHINI LASAGNA Filled with finely chopped mixed vegetables with white wine sauce and au gratinee with Mozzarella cheese.
MIXED SALAD Salad made from fresh lettuce, grated carrots, fresh cucumbers, avocado slices, sauteed peppers and mustard vinaigrette dressing
PEPPERS STUFFED WITH VEGETABLES Poblano peppers stuffed with finely chopped mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes, layered and seasoned in a delicious red tomato and cream sauce accompanied by refried beans and white rice
GREEN SALAD Combination of spinach and fresh lettuce, accompanied by crunchy celery. Avocado squares, sliced cucumbers and chopped Bell peppers
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY Diamond-cut vegetables (Carrots, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, Bell peppers and soy sprouts sauteed in peanut oil, sesame and soy sauce)
LETTUCE SALAD WITH BROCCOLI SPROUTS Tossed lettuce combined with fresh broccoli or alfalfa sprouts, rolled cucumber slivers accompanied by Roquefort (blue cheese) dressing, and olive oil croutons
MUSHROOMS PROVENCAL Sauteed mushrooms with finely chopped garlic and skinned tomatoes, seasoned with basil, with Parmesan cheese brusqueta
HEARTS OF PALM SALAD Fresh hearts of palm atop a bed of Romaine lettuce and carrot slices, marinated with lime and white pepper Accompanied by French dressing made with mayonnaise, garlic and mustard
QUESADILLAS OR VEGETABLE BURRITOS Rolls filled with vegetables with a delicious flavor, with Mexican-style rice
GRILLED VEGETABLE SANDWICH AND MUSHROOMS WITH PANELA CHEESE
ASPARAGUS SALAD Combination of three kinds of lettuce, sliced avocados, and white asparagus accompanied by a small mixed salad and honey dressing
EGGPLANT CAPONATA WITH GOAT CHEESE Accompanied by green tomatoes grilled in basil and olive oil on toast with Parmesan cheese
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD Pepper salad with peeled green tomatoes with black and green olives, with goat cheese and seasoned with Balsam vinaigrette
CHEESE CANNELLONI WITH SPINACH Filled with finely filleted spinach, with cottage cheese, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese gratine
Vegan and gluten-free menu
This menu is the same as the one you can find on the Villa Sol y Luna website, except that none of the ingredients contain gluten nor dairy products.
All dishes are served with fresh fruit and hydroponic fresh lettuce leaves
1- Pol kan´s corn cakes stuffed with pumpkin seed purée and white beans, over a fresh tomato sauce.
2- Mayan recipe of Yucatec Jorochos: traditional corn gnocchi stuffed with stewed vegetables over a black bean sauce.
3- Mayan hummus, with fresh and local pumpkin seeds or the traditional garbanzo hummus together with fresh corn gluten-free nacho chips.
4- Lentil tabbouleh or wheat tabbouleh with cilantro.
5- Soups: lentil, bean or other legume or fresh vegetable or creamy soup
6- Salads with legumes of your choice
7- Corn and quinoa cakes stuffed with seasonal vegetables
8- Empanadas stuffed with potato, sweet potato and chia seeds
9- Tostadas with black bean sauce, rice, mushrooms, lettuces and broccoli sprouts
10- Assorted tacos with vegetables and seeds.
11- Corn gnocchi with pumpkin seed purée over a red tomato sauce and/or a black bean sauce.
12- Vegetable sushi with wasabi and soy sauce.
13- Vegan tamales (traditional Mexican dish made of stuffed corn-dough steamed in a corn husk or banana leaf).
1- Chocolate ice cream
2- Cereal and honey bars
3- Seasonal fruits
4- Strawberries covered in dark chocolate
We can also prepare our guests’ suggestions
Choices you can combine to your liking
CHOICE OF DIFFERENT CEREALS Cheerios, Zucaritas, Corn Flakes, Choco Crispis, Frut Loops
MINI FRUIT BOAT fresh fruit combination Seasonal fruit served with natural or strawberry yogurt
FRUIT CLOWN original face with fresh sliced fruit Served with cream cheese
FRUIT BROCHETTE with banana and chocolate cereal
MINI PANCAKES OR WAFFLES accompanied by butter Honey and maple syrup
NUGGETS of crunchy fried chicken Accompanied by ketchup
SHORT NOODLES natural or butter style or with cheese Scented with herbs or as you choose
CHICKEN, peanut butter, Nutella, or ham and cheese sandwiches Or your choice of cheese and jam
APPLE CREPE delicious crepe filled with apple and scented with cinnamon Served with strawberry sauce
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST Accompanied by white rice
CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH HAM Covered with crumbs of Zucaritas cereal and accompanied by mashed potatoes
LETTER OR NUMBER SOUP rich noodle soup with mild flavor Can be ordered with vegetables
SMOOTHIES Choice of flavors: apple, strawberry, pineapple, papaya or lime
VEGETABLE OR FRUIT PUREE Your choice
Dessert options for Dinner :
- Coconut or vanilla flan
- Apple crepes or banana flamb.
- Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream
- Pineapple puff pastry
Please advise our chef beforehand of your dessert choice, thank you.
“What an AMAZING place and experience for the whole family. The groundskeeper and maid service was wonderful and so pleasant. The rooms, so tastefully done, were immaculate and so comfortable. There is so much to do, plus the private, beautiful calm beach. Ahhhh .... so pleasant. Everyone had a great time. We loved it!!!!!!”
I wish I’d written immediately after our stay so it was fresh in my memory. We were eight adults and seven grandchildren in the house was perfect. There was plenty of room for everyone the food was absolutely fabulous, the pool, the beach, the grounds, and the staff were absolutely perfect. We had the chef service’s for brunch and dinner every day; finally a true holiday for everyone (especially those that usually have to cook). My only regret is that I dip not speak Spanish as I would have loved to have spoken in more detail to those that took such wonderful care of us all. Do not have any hesitations about booking this gorgeous and special home.